4.18.2010

26 weeks and a little St George trip!

Well, we've almost reached the end of the glorious 2nd trimester, so we decided it was time for a little vacation to celebrate. I have to say, at this point, I'm thinking pregnancy is not all that bad. I have felt so good for such a long time, I sometimes forget that I'm pregnant. But I'm quickly reminded when I walk past a mirror and see the reflection of a "star bellied sneetch" from one of Dr. Seuss' books and realize that it is, in fact, me and not a story book character. Of course I have the random aches and pains and weird things going on, but for the most part, I really feel pretty normal. I'm sure in the coming weeks all of this will change. Like I said, I'm still in the "glory" phase of pregnancy. We decided we better take advantage of how good I've been feeling so we headed south for the weekend. Our friends Steve and Karon were nice enough to offer us their home in St George for the weekend. We spent most of the time soaking up the 80-85 degree sun at the pool. As a side note, pregnancy makes you burn a lot easier. Let's just say I'm one fried star bellied sneetch at this point. We went to dinner a couple times and Zac's best friend from high school got married down there, so Saturday we had so much fun hanging out and catching up with old friends. It was nice to be able to relax and take it easy for a few days. It was a much needed getaway and we both fill recharged and ready for the crazyness that lies ahead of us! Here's a picture of my belly at 26 weeks and a couple of Zac relaxing and practicing the guitar. He's just started learning and is having so much fun!

2 comments:

The Duncan's 365 said...

FINALLY!!!! Kami you look adorable, it's refreshing to see a normal pregnant belly :)mine didn't even look like that at 33 weeks, right before delivery! I wish it would of, it is such a cute sight on you. you look like you have a small basketball in your belly, but you are just all BELLY! You are supposed to gain some weight you know :) you look awesome. St. George looks so great.

Joey said...

So CUTE! Zac too! The guitar fits him. You really do look great. I am so glad that you got to take some time off and get away for the weekend to someplace VERY warm. Enjoy the sunburn you may not get another one for awhile =)