In honor of Valentine's Day, I want to share a few reasons why Zac is the love of my life. Mostly to let him know that I notice "the little things". In no particular order.....
1. He is always asking what he can do for me or what he can get for me
2. He is an amazing cook and does almost all of the cooking
3. He will sit on the porch and talk with me for hours
4. He brings me breakfast in bed every single day
5. He loves to watch "chick flicks" with me
6. He has an obsession with vacuuming the house, so I never have to do it
7. He always stops whatever he is doing and jumps up and gives me a hug when I come home
8. He has taken on bathroom cleaning duty 100% since I've been pregnant
9. He iron's the clothes when I'm finishing up getting ready
10. He has my apple and granola bar sitting on the counter ready for me to grab on the way to work in the morning
11. He always warms up the car before work
12. He always meets me at the bottom of the stairs when I'm done getting ready, to give me a kiss and tells me how beautiful I look
13. He is so clean... in fact he's doing the dishes right now
14. He does all of the grocery shopping, most of the time I go with him, but he's the main man
15. He loves to go for walks with me and talk about life
16. He always holds my hand when we are out and about
17. He leaves me love letters and hides little sticky note love messages all over
18. He brings his jacket to the movie theater knowing I will get cold
19. He tucks me in bed every single night, even if he's in the middle of something and staying up for a while
20. He's always thinking of ways to serve me.... if I've had a stressful day he will get a warm washcloth and sit on the ground and wash my feet and rub lotion on them and massage them and just listen
I could list a million more reasons why I love him. These are just a few of the things that he does. The things that I sometimes forget to say "Thank You" for, and that I know I take for granted sometimes. Zac, I just want you to know that i really do appreaciate all of the little things that you do. They all add up in a big way and make you the most amazing man and the love of my life. Thank you so much for everything. I love you!
It's a BOY! We just found out we are having a little boy! We are so excited and even more excited that he is healthy. This week has been a crazy one for us. We weren't expecting to find out the gender for a few more weeks, but we had a couple of surprises. On Tuesday we went to the doc for my 16 week checkup. To make a really long story short-er... my uterus is huge! At 16 weeks, the top of the uterus is supposed to be about halfway between the pubic bone and the belly button. Mine is about 3 inches above my belly button. When the doc saw my belly he was totally in shock. He asked how far along I was supposed to be and when I told him 16 weeks and 4 days, he said I was measuring 8 weeks to big. He wanted an ultrasound done immediately because he thought I was either 8 weeks further along... putting me at 24.5 weeks... or there were twins. They couldn't fit me in until Wednesday. Needless to say it was the longest 24 hours of our lives. All night and the next morning we were stressed, excited, anxious, confused and having the weirdest mixed emotions. The thought of twins thrilled Zac and scared me to death. We went in for the ultrasound and they found just one baby... a little boy... and he measured exactly on track, 16 weeks and 5 days. He is totally healthy and is doing really well. They confirmed that my uterus is measuring 8 weeks to big, but said I don't have extra fluid or anything to worry about. My next appt is in 4 weeks. They may or may not do an ultrasound then, but they for sure want to do another one in 8 weeks to take another look and make sure everything is still ok. I also started leaking colostrum last week, which is way early, so it's almost like my whole body thinks it's a lot further along than it really is. Anyway, they aren't concerned at all, so we aren't either. We are just thrilled that we got to find out so soon that WE'RE HAVING A BOY! Now it's time to plan the nursery, shop, and see if we can agree on a name!