12.16.2011

thanksgiving

Wow... I'm so far behind. I can't believe I haven't blogged since Halloween. We've had a lot going on but I'll skip most of it and go straight to Thanksgiving. Have I mentioned how much I love that mine and Zac's parents are such good friends? It makes holidays so much easier. This year dinner was at Gary and Leesa's house with all of the Price/Ewell gang and my family. I loved not having to juggle two families in the same day and just spending the whole day with everyone. Poor Zion had a rough Thanksgiving day, though. He was cutting all 4 of his canine teeth and had a horrible cold that turned to croup that night. I felt so bad for him. He could barely breath, had no voice, his cough was the saddest little bark that hurt him so much he would cry every time he did it, and he had a fever. I kept rotating ibuprofen and Tylenol, hot steam in the bathroom, and cold air outside, and he was still miserable. Thankfully my sister-in-law's kids had just gotten over croup and she had a nebulizer we were able to borrow that helped a ton. Zac also ended up sicker than a dog Thanksgiving night. He fevered for a couple days and had horrible body aches. Between the two of them, I'm not sure who the bigger baby was. Needless to say, Thanksgiving night as I was thinking of all the things I have to be thankful for, good health was at the top of my list. I'm grateful I didn't catch their bug and that I was able to take care of them all weekend. Health is one of those things that is so easy to take for granted. It's so easy to not appreciate it until you or someone you love losses it. Thankfully Zac and Zion's was just a very temporary loss of health and they both were as good as new a few days later. I didn't take any pictures on Thanksgiving but I do have a few of the Price/ Ewell family photos we had taken the end of October that I need to post, so here they are.











- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

The Hugel's said...

I am sorry you had sick boys for Thanksgiving :((. Your family pictures all turned out so good love them!!!!!