5.16.2013

surprise baby shower

I have some of the sweetest girlfriends ever!  The group of girls I play bunco with surprised me with an early baby shower.  When I first joined the bunco group, I was the only girl who's husband didn't do summer sales for Elite.  Now there are a few other girls who's husbands no longer do sales, but the majority of the girls still leave for the summer.  This year a few of the girls went out early so we decided to cancel bunco in April and a few of us decided to just get together for dinner before the rest of them left for the summer.  At least that's what I thought was happening.  I rode with my friend Juliann and we met a few other girls at the Trolley.  After we got done eating, everybody parted ways and we drove home.  Jewels said she wanted to stop by her house really quick because she had a little gift for me, since she would be leaving that weekend and wouldn't be back until after the baby was born.  Not thinking anything of it we went back to her house.  When we walked in, I was totally surprised to see all of the girls that were at dinner with us plus a few other girlfriends there to surprise me with a baby shower.  It was so unexpected and very much appreciated.  They made some delicious desserts (Juliann's chocolate cake and Candice's fruit pizza... DELISH!), spoiled me and baby Kasen, and then we played a very clever game that Juliann made up.  It was so much fun to hang out with the girls one last time before everyone left for the summer.  Thanks to all the girls that came.  I definitely felt the love and I'm going to miss you this summer.

1 comment:

Brett, Juliann, and Mae said...

You are blogging up a storm. We miss you guys! I can't believe that you are going to have a baby in two months. So excited for you.