2.11.2010

It's a.......


It's a BOY! We just found out we are having a little boy! We are so excited and even more excited that he is healthy. This week has been a crazy one for us. We weren't expecting to find out the gender for a few more weeks, but we had a couple of surprises. On Tuesday we went to the doc for my 16 week checkup. To make a really long story short-er... my uterus is huge! At 16 weeks, the top of the uterus is supposed to be about halfway between the pubic bone and the belly button. Mine is about 3 inches above my belly button. When the doc saw my belly he was totally in shock. He asked how far along I was supposed to be and when I told him 16 weeks and 4 days, he said I was measuring 8 weeks to big. He wanted an ultrasound done immediately because he thought I was either 8 weeks further along... putting me at 24.5 weeks... or there were twins. They couldn't fit me in until Wednesday. Needless to say it was the longest 24 hours of our lives. All night and the next morning we were stressed, excited, anxious, confused and having the weirdest mixed emotions. The thought of twins thrilled Zac and scared me to death. We went in for the ultrasound and they found just one baby... a little boy... and he measured exactly on track, 16 weeks and 5 days. He is totally healthy and is doing really well. They confirmed that my uterus is measuring 8 weeks to big, but said I don't have extra fluid or anything to worry about. My next appt is in 4 weeks. They may or may not do an ultrasound then, but they for sure want to do another one in 8 weeks to take another look and make sure everything is still ok. I also started leaking colostrum last week, which is way early, so it's almost like my whole body thinks it's a lot further along than it really is. Anyway, they aren't concerned at all, so we aren't either. We are just thrilled that we got to find out so soon that WE'RE HAVING A BOY! Now it's time to plan the nursery, shop, and see if we can agree on a name!

6 comments:

Dave and Lizzie said...

Yay! How exciting.. I am so happy for you! Boys are SO fun!

Joey said...

Boys are always BIG...Well, that's my opinion anyway! I am so excited for you guys, you have waited a long time for this little guy. How much fun are you going to have??!! I am glad everything is okay and that you don't have to worry about anything. Get started on that nursery he will be here before you know it!

Siri Elaine said...

Kami! Congrats! So awesome, I think when I have kids I want a boy first! We are loving working out with Zac. It is totally fun going together! You guys have a really cool place! It is great you are doing what you love!

The Bringhurst Bunch! said...

So Fun!! Boys are great!! I can't even imagne what that 24 hours was like. I would have lost my mind! Congrats to you guys!!

Jesse and Tiffany said...

Congrats you two!! You are the 2nd girl I know of like 20 that is having a boy, all the others are girls, so you know he will be a stud and will have plenty of ladies to choose from!!! :)

Dani said...

Super exciting! Congrats!