9.03.2011

heartbreak

I'm feeling a little heartbroken right now. I'm not sure why I'm writing this.... I guess I just need to get it out and I can't really talk about it without turning into a total mess. Zac is the only person I've been able to talk about my feelings with. Everyone else I'm just trying to avoid because I can't keep my emotions in check when I start talking. I had a miscarriage last week. We've been trying to get pregnant for a few months and it's been so frustrating. With Zion we got pregnant the first month we tried, but this time around it has not been as easy. We finally found out we were pregnant and we were so excited! The baby wasn't due until April, so it and Zion would have been 21 months apart. Perfect. We waited a couple weeks before sharing the news and then on Sunday we took a cute picture of Zion wearing a big brother shirt and sent it to all of our family. Monday morning I woke up and everything was fine and then a couple hours later I went to the bathroom and started bleeding REALLY bad. I've never felt so helpless in my life. Zac was at work and I couldn't get a hold of him, so I just held Zion and cried. When he got home we went right to the doctor. They measured my hcg and it was in the normal range for how far along I was, and then they did an ultrasound and couldn't find the baby. It had stopped growing really early and was still too small to see. The doctor tried to be hopeful and said maybe I just wasn't as far along as we thought, but I knew it was wishful thinking. The bleeding continued and I went back Wednesday to confirm what I already knew. They measured my hcg again and it should have doubled, but it dropped instead. Now I'm left with such a void. Logically I understand that miscarriages happen all the time and it's usually a chromosomal defect and nothing the mother did, so I don't really feel guilty or angry or wonder why this happened to me. But being a mom already, and knowing how much I love Zion and how amazing he is, I'm just sad. Sad as I sit and wonder if this little baby was a girl or a boy and what he or she would have looked like. Then I think of all of the little milestones with Zion over the last 14 months, his little quirks, how independent he is, and everything else about his personality... And it just makes me wonder even more, what this baby would have been like. I know I'll get through this but right now I just feel sad. My way of dealing is to put on a happy face and to stay really busy, and I'm really good at it, but when nighttime falls or Zion's napping while Zac's at work, and nobody is around, I have a harder time faking it. I'm sure time will heal everything. Thankfully I already have one beautiful little boy and the most perfect husband to hold me up until it does.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

13 comments:

Lizzie - The Dancing Toad Blog said...

Oh Kami. I am so sorry. I have been through this and understand the awful feeling it leaves you with, like nothing you can really explain. I am so so sorry you have to deal with this and I hope you will be able to be pregnant soon. If you need anything or just want someone to talk to, let me know. :) You are beautiful and your little family is so so darling. I love the family pics.

Ry and Heather said...

Hey Kami. There's absolutely nothing I can say right now to make you feel better. If it helps, I know exactly what you're going through. I had 2 (I think 3) miscarriages between my 2 boys and it is heartbreaking. It doesn't matter that it happens to other women all the time...the fact is it happened to you and it's awful. I am so sorry you're going through this! If you need anything, let me know!

The Thomas Family said...

Kami I am so sorry! I had a molar pregnancy before we were blessed with Morgan and it was an extremely difficult time for T.C. and I. Looking back so many good things have happened as a result of that trial. I know it is hard to look at it that way right now, but time will definitely heal. Just know crying is good...I think its part of the healing process.

Joey said...

Kami, I am so sorry. I know how much you and Zac want another child and how this must hurt. Having gone through this several times with my daughter and daughter-in-laws I understand how difficult it can be to try and make sense of it all especially when you want something SO bad. You and Zac are wonderful parents and there are more children waiting for you I just know it. In the meantime little Zion just gets to have a few more months all to himself...

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Kami. Those little kiddies are so precious. You have nothing to prove, we all know you're strong... so take time to grieve.

Dani said...

I am sorry Kami. I think this is one of the hardest things someone has to be faced with, your such a strong person for even being able to share your feelings, thank you for doing so! I hope things get easier for you soon!

Carly said...

So sorry to hear Kami. I've been there, and there are no words that will take your hurt away. You'll be in my prayers. Love ya hun.

Brett and Lex said...

I'm sorry Kami girl. I don't know how that feels and won't pretend that I do. I remember in grade school coming home from school to find my mom crying - later I found out she had miscarried a little sister. Must be rough, but it sounds like you have the right attitude. It was nothing you did or didn't do and you have a wonderful son and husband to enjoy. :)Love you lots!

Brett, Juliann, and Mae said...

Oh Kami, I'm so sorry. I'm thinking about you!

Miss Duncan said...

Kami, My mom and I just read your blog and we are so sorry to hear the heartbreaking news. Our thoughts are with you.
Love,
Jess and Aunt Char

Cambria said...

Kami, I am so scared to start trying to get pregnant for this same reason. It came so easy with Rozzy that I am worried it wont come so easily the next time and that's just something that is really hard to THINK about let alone EXPERIENCE So I am so sorry and I truly believe you will get pregnant soon. (maybe with a girl... if that's possible with those Price genes)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kami! I am so sorry to hear this. I am thinking about you!

zac, kami & zion said...

Wow. Thanks everybody for all of the support. It means so much to me. Love you all!