10.14.2011

another month, another loss

I lost another baby this week. We were absolutely shocked when we found out we were pregnant again exactly 4 weeks after I miscarried. Usually it takes 1-3 months to get your cycle back after a miscarriage, so we were totally shocked. We felt like it was really meant to be this time, because despite all odds we were pregnant again. We went to the doctor to confirm that it was in fact a new pregnancy and not just left over tissue that my body hadn't "shed" on it's own causing a false positive. Sure enough it was a new pregnancy. Being "high risk" the doctor wanted to monitor me closely. I had to have my blood drawn and hcg level checked every other day. The first few days it was doubling exactly the way it was supposed to. We we ecstatic! Then it started to slow until it was increasing by less than 30%. The doctor told us he was 90% sure this was going to be another miscarriage. That feeling of helplessness I felt last month when I started bleeding, times that by about a million and that's how I felt as I was sent home and told to wait for it to start again. It took five very long days for the bleeding to start. Five days of trying to hope that everything would be ok, but being terrified of having too much hope and end up being heart broken again. Last month I was able to deal with the loss pretty well knowing that these things just happen sometimes. But two losses exactly 6 weeks apart. It just feels like a mean joke.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

9 comments:

Mckel said...

So sorry Kami. I'm sure there isn't anything I can say that will help...but hang in there and you will be in our prayers.

The Thomas Family said...

I'm so sorry Kami! You'll be in my prayers!

Ry and Heather said...

I'm sorry Kami. I know exactly how you're feeling right now. If you need to talk, vent, or whatever feel free to message me. Take care of yourself through this! You're in my heart & thoughts.

Dave and Lizzie said...

I'm so so sorry you're going through this.

Amy said...

Oh Kami, I am just so so sorry to hear this. I wish I could just give you a big hug.

Julia said...

I will keep you guys in my prayers! Love you Kami.

The Bringhurst Bunch! said...

Oh Kami I am sorry. I can't imagine what you must be feeling. Hang in there and it will all work out!

The Hugel's said...

Kami I am sorry you are going through this. Hang in there and stay strong everything will work out. your sweet babies will come.

Brett and Lex said...

:( Sorry Kami. Have they done any tests to see what is going on or do they feel like it's just an awful coincidence? Love ya!