2.26.2013

halloween

I have to admit, I was a bit of a slacker when it came to Halloween festivities this year.  Me and Zac didn't even dress up.  A couple week before Halloween my little sister Heather was in a car accident.  She shattered her leg.  Bad.  She ended up in the hospital for a few days and had to have surgery to piece it back together with a bunch of plates and screws.  It was pretty gnarly looking.  Less than two weeks later my dad went in for a same day surgery.  He thought it was just a minor procedure to get a cyst removed from his shoulder.  When the doctor got inside, he found that my dad had two tears in his rotator cuff and that his bicep muscle was completely detached from his shoulder.  No wonder he had been in so much pain.  He was so frustrated when he got out of surgery because he thought it was just going to be a quick couple weeks and he would be as good as new.  Nope.  With all of the extra stuff the had to fix they told him 6 weeks in a sling and then it would be a few months before he would be able to lift and begin to resume normal activity.  As if that wasn't bad enough, two days after his surgery he was back in the hospital with double pneumonia and several blood clots in each of his lungs.  It was really scary and he ended up having to stay for a couple days.  He was released the day before Halloween.  With a mom that works full time, and neither my dad or Heather being able to drive, me and Zion were the shuttle service to and from all doctor appointments for both of them, and getting my dad to and from work and job sights.  Needless to say, I was really busy and I just didn't get around to costumes for me and Zac.  We still had a fun Halloween, though.  Zac worked for the first half of the day while me and Zion helped my dad get some work done.  Then we went over to my Granny Houtz's house for her annual chili and donut party.  Zion had fun playing with cousins and playing the piano and singing with Granny.  I forgot to take our camera but I did get a couple cell phone pictures.

We finished off the evening over at Gary and Leesa's house for a little Halloween party with the Price family, but once again, we forgot the camera and didn't get any pictures.  I know... weird for us!

No comments: