12.29.2009

Christmas and a BOY?

The last week we have had so much fun celebrating Christmas. We only worked Mon-Weds and then had a 4 day weekend. On Christmas Eve we were able to sleep in late, which is every pregnant womens dream, and then we went up to the cabin for the Houtz Family Christmas Party. It was fun seeing all the little kids so excited for Christmas. That evening we went back to my parent's house for food and games. Zac's dad Gary and his awesome girlfriend Leesa came over, as well as his brother Isaiah, Grandma Haney, and Cyd's friend Kyle. We played Catch Phrase and laughed so hard. I love how open my family is... we can talk about anything, and I mean anything. Nothing is off limits or taboo, which makes for a lot of laughter when we get together. Even Grandma was throwing out some questionable subjects. We spent the night with my family and woke up Christmas morning spoiled of course. I was exactly 10 weeks pregnant that day, so we thought it would be fun to try the new IntelliGender Prediction Test with my family. It's a urine hormone test a lot like a pregnancy test. Clinical studies say it's 90% accurate at predicting the gender of your baby as early as 10 weeks. We decided to give it a try, just for the fun of it. So the result.... it turned GREEN in just a minute which means IT'S A BOY! We aren't going to start painting the nursery or buying baby clothes just yet, but I'll be interested to see what the ultrasound says. I'll keep you posted on the accuracy of the little test.
Christmas afternoon we went over to Gary and Leesa's house to open gifts (once again we got spoiled) and hang out with Zac's brothers and some of Leesa's kids. We had a great time just relaxing, talking, and being together as a family. We have loved getting to know Leesa and her kids. They are all so cool and welcoming. We haven't known them for very long, but they already feel like family. We finished off the evening back at my parent's house for a delicious dinner. I would say the Holiday was very much a success!

2 comments:

Joey said...

That is so cool, I have never heard of that test. It will be interesting to see if it is right on! Sounds like you had a great holiday. Saw the sushi pics on FB...Jealous!!!

MELANIE said...

How fun! Little girl stuff is so cute - but I am so glad that I have a boy. BOYS ROCK! Of course, whatever gender your baby is it will feel just perfect :)