1.17.2010

Baby has a heart!

Last Tuesday we had another doc appointment and we heard our baby's heart beat for the first time. It was so amazing. I can't believe how strong, loud, and fast it was. Hearing the heart made everything seem a lot more real. Now I know we really are having a baby and I'm not just getting chubby. We've "known" for a couple months now, but everything seems so surreal, and the whole idea of growing another life is so magical, that it really has been hard for me to comprehend. Hearing that little heart is exactly what I needed to solidify this whole experience. I can't wait to be a mom, and even more, I can't wait for Zac to be a dad. He is going to be the most amazing dad in the world. He already is. He takes such good care of me and the little baby and I feel so blessed to have him.

On another positive note.... there is light at the end of the tunnel. At the beginning of the week I was so miserable and exhausted, but by the end of the week I felt a ton better. I still feel sick every once in a while, but 70-80% of the time I feel great. Also, I have been sleeping fabulously. 6-7 hours a night, thanks to the Ambien my doc decided to put me back on. We're just finishing up our first trimester and I have high hopes from here. I can't wait to see what our second trimester brings.... I'm guessing more weird dream, terribly random food cravings, and hopefully some restored energy. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Joey said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling better! It's no fun to be sick the whole time. I wouldn't know because I wasn't ever sick but my girls were so I really do feel bad for you. How fun to hear the heart beat. Soon you will be finding out what you are having. What FUN! I never knew with any of mine what I was having. I wish I would have because then I could have prepared...I like being prepared! Being able to paint the nursery, buy the clothes and all that fun stuff...I'm so excited for you and Zac I know how much you have wanted this. You WILL be great parents.

The Duncan's 365 said...

Kami,

Thank you so much again for coming up to my shower!! I appreciate it so much!! I am so glad to hear you are feeling a little better. As for the heartbeat, I have to say it's the greatest sound to hear it never gets old. I just hope everything goes perfect. It will :) pregnancy truly is the greatest, I still love it even in my stresses. Just to know there is a little life in there makes it all worth it! The rest just seems to melt away!

Richard and Carlie said...

Kami, congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys! And hopefully the second trimester is way better than the first...it was for me!

Amy said...

Congratulations Kami! That is so exciting!!

Chance & Leslee Lundgren said...

I am SO excited for you!!!! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.