1.11.2010

Exhausted

The above picture is a totally candid shot Isaiah took of me the other day at the gym. I was so sick and exhausted, and I didn't have an appointment so I dozed off on the ball for a couple minutes. Everyone says that around 12-14 weeks they start feeling so much better. NOT TRUE! I'm feeling yuckier and yuckier every day. I started taking Unisom and B6 at 6 weeks, and then at 9 weeks I needed something stronger so they gave me Phenegren, and last night I was so desperate for some sleep I took an Ambien, which my doc gave me the "ok" to do every now and then... STILL DIDN'T SLEEP! Most everyone knows I'm an insomniac and pregnancy has made it even worse. I'm not sure if it's the sickness, the freakin' weird dreams when I do fall asleep, the fact that I have to pee non stop and can't fall back to sleep, the yucky cold I can't seam to shake, the fact that we just had the busy Holiday Season, having to wake up at 4 am every day for work, trying to run a company and manage employees, and now I have payroll tax, sales tax, and our annual taxes that I need to get done this week, or maybe it's all of that combined with the added stress of being a parent soon and having absolutely no idea how to take care of a baby. Whatever it is, I'M EXHAUSTED and on the verge of tears every second. I love our baby so much and feel bad for being grumpy during pregnancy thus far, but right now I need to vent a little. Please forgive me. On a happier note, we have another doc appointment tomorrow. We should get to hear the cute little heart beat! I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

Joey said...

Oh Kami, I promise you won't even remember this part of your pregnancy...Until the next one :) You are so cute. I know that you wish that you could sail right through this just like you do everything else but maybe this little bit of extra work is because you are going to be getting a lot of extra LOVE! Years and years of it to come. One day you are going to look at that picture of you on that ball and laugh hysterically!

Jesse and Tiffany said...

LOL holy crap this is so funny we sound so much alike. We have an excercise ball at home and I have to lay on it like that just to relax my back from pregnancy!!! Don't worry honey you are not alone!! I felt great until about 14 weeks then I had about 2 weeks of total sickness. Give it a couple more weeks and you will feel so much better! I hear ya on the payroll taxes, I am swamped at work with annuals!!! The only nice thing is that pregnancy goes by really fast when your so busy!! So really its a blessing you have so much going on! K not really but I'm trying to make you feel better!!!

Haskell Fam said...

oh my sweet girl, I feel for ya. I hope that it starts getting better! Sleep definitely would help the cause right? Maybe we need to go get massages and get you relaxed! Hope the Dr. appt went well. Love ya

Cambria said...

oh have you tried Zofram it's all that worked for me well it worked for a few weeks...

The Williams Family said...

Kami .. I feel the same way, I think we are due about the same time. I have not stopped being sick (starting to get a little energy back, but still throwing up EVERYDAY), and I've had a weird cold (like awkward cough - which doesn't help when I am trying not to throw up so much, and I have lots of extra mucous - my nose and throat) I feel like I cannot kick the cold, but the SLEEP is the worst part! I don't get ANY! Which is terrible with my work schedule, then when I do take ambien (which my doctor gave me the ok), it is the same thing .. I might fall asleep, but cannot stay asleep. Because if I get up to use the bathroom (which I do 3-4 timesa night), then I cannot fall back asleep! I don't know what other options I have .. The doctor told me to try Unisom or even Benadryl, but it just doens't work .. Because once I wake up .. I NEVER fall back asleep!

Sorry to kinda vent on your blog .. But I feel like I am in the exact same boat as you! If your doctor gives you any better ideas, let me know! I don't go back to my doctor for 3 more weeks!

Good luck Kami!!

Julia said...

Kam you are so cute! Everyone who has been pregnant totally understands! I hope you can figure out a way to sleep though because being it's important! I was a little unsure on how good I'd be at the whole mommy thing, but it's true what they say it just comes naturally.