12.26.2010

CHRISTMAS 2010

Christmas was the best ever!  I can't believe that last year I was exactly 10 weeks pregnant on Christmas day.  We woke up early and did the "IntelliGender" test and it said we were having a boy.  We were so excited, but that was nothing compared to the joy and excitement we experienced this year having our little boy here with us.  We started our celebration on Christmas Eve with the annual Christmas party at the cabin.  Sledding, gift exchange, yummy food, grandma's turtles, grandpa's ornaments and a nativity made it such a great day.  I love Christmas Eve at the cabin and I'm thankful for what a fun tradition it has been my entire life.  Later that afternoon we went to Gary and Leesa's house for a Christmas party with Zac's family.  We started a new tradition this year called the "Namaste Christmas Gift Exchange".  We all drew names and rather than buying a present we gave gifts of service and talent.  I think it was such a fun idea and it made us put a lot more thought into what we were giving.  The highlight of the night was definitely the Dance Central on the Xbox Kinect.  SO MUCH FUN!!!  We ended the night at my parents house for a slumber party.  My mom gave us all new jammies and we spent time drinking hot chocolate, snacking on cheese and crackers, wrapping presents and lots and lots of talking.  Santa found us and Christmas morning we woke up around 7:30 to open presents.  Zion was spoiled, of course, and me and Zac made out pretty dang good, too!  Zion's favorite gift was his jumperoo.  He jumped and laughed and jumped and laughed all day long.  He was so dang funny.  After a breakfast of Shirley's cinnamon rolls, eggs, sausage, and banana pancakes with buttermilk syrup, we stopped by Gary and Leesa's for a minute.  Then we went back to my parents house and spent the rest of the day playing with Zion's toys and watching movies with my family.  This really was the best Christmas ever.  Even though people always say kids make everything better, I never really understood, but now I do and I couldn't agree more!  Zion, thanks for making this the best Christmas ever.  I love you little buddy!

Here's our little family Christmas morning at Nana and Papa Houtz's house

In front of the Christmas stash

Zion loved the wrapping paper

SPOILED little guy!  At home in his jumperoo with his mountain of toys.  He got some really cute clothes too, but they were already in the laundry when I took this picture.

3 comments:

Joey said...

Holy cow! Talk about SCORE!!! Zion made out like a bandit this year...What a beautiful little boy he is. So glad your Christmas was just a little more wonderful this year :) Baby's make EVERYTHING just a little bit better.

Amy said...

Kami -- just found your blog again :) Zion is adorable! And, I changed my blog address incase you feel like stalking too :)
aimandcode.blogspot.com

The Williams Family said...

He is so cute! I love seeing other little babies being spoiled like I spoil Grace .. I was telling someone the other day, it is honestly almost embarrassing how much you want to give a little ity bity baby who doesn't know otherwise! But I KNOW .. Therefore, I spoil! ;)