1.17.2011

All in a day

Once again, I've been a really bad blogger.  Life is just crazy these days.  Trying to balance owning a business with being a good mom and a decent house keeper... I just need a few more hours in each day.  I have so much to catch up on, including Zion's 6 month check up, but that will have to wait for another day.  Right now I'm too lazy to go get my camera and load pictures, and all I really want is to watch the Bachelor and go to bed.  Like I said, life is crazy!  Here's a glimpse of what my day looked like today and what most of my days are like-

*Up at 4 am to be to the gym to train for a few hours starting at 5 am (Zion stayed home with Cyd aka Nanny Ninny)
*Home to give Zion a bath and get him ready to run LOTS of errands
*Made all the beds, picked up the house, did loads of laundry, did the dishes
*A trip to the grocery store
*Back to the gym to pay bills and take care of stuff in the office
*Talked to Granny Houtz on the phone to find time to help her with my cousin's graduation quilt
*Ran to Home Depot to get paint for the base boards my dad is working on for the gym
*Dropped the paint off to my dad
*Made homemade tomato basil soup
*Did the dishes again
*Gave Zion a quick sink bath because he was covered in soup, but he loved it so it was worth it
*Ran to the fabric store (Zion stayed home with daddy and took a nap)
*Made Cyd an oven roasted turkey & pesto sandwich to go with her soup
*Ran back to the gym to do my P90X workout with Zac (and of course Zion got a leg workout in jumping in his little jumperoo)
*Baked 150 cupcakes (I volunteered to make all the cupcakes for Zac's brother's wedding in a few weeks so I'm getting a start on them now and throwing them in the freezer until the big day)
*Made a protein shake for dinner because I was so sick of cooking, Zac had leftover soup
*Gave Zion another bath because Zac tried spiking his hair with Pomade and it was nasty!
*Went tanning & to the grocery store again (Zion stayed with daddy)
*Did the dishes for the third time & continued doing laundry
*And now I'm sitting on my butt watching the Bachelor and writing this quick blog

And as a side note, I'm still a nursing mom so I found time to nurse Zion several times throughout the day.  Did I mention I'm tired?  Before I take all the credit, shout-out to Zac, for being such an amazing husband and dad and helping me with everything all the time.  The benefit of owning our own business is that we set our own hours so Mon, Weds, Fri and Saturday Zac is home by noon at the latest, and I only work weekdays until 10am.  Tuesday's and Thursday's are kind of crazy for Zac at the gym.... 5am - 11am and then back at 3pm-9pm, but it's worth it to have him home so early the other days.  I love having him home and I really appreciate how much he help me.  Well that's my life- all in a day.  Goodnight!

2 comments:

The Williams Family said...

Kami you are a super-woman/mom! Seriously, it is crazy to look out on the days and realize how much is being accomplished -- It is kinda scary to think of how much more freetime we must've had before babies! Lol -- Although, it always seemed just as jam packed back then! You are doing such a great job, keep it up!

Carly said...

Dang girl! Take time for yourself:) And if I don't get off too late Wednesday I'll see you at yoga!