8.01.2011

Birch Hollow

The weekend of July 22nd we made a quick trip to St George.  Zion had fun playing with Nana and Heather all day while me, Zac, Cyd, Cody and my dad went into Zion's National Park to do a canyon called Birch Hollow.  It was a LONG day.  My dad hadn't done the hike for over 10 years and thought he remembered it taking about 8 hours.  He was off by just a hair.... after a good solid 12 hours we finally made it out of the canyon.  We still had a good time, though.  This was my first time canyoneering since I was barely pregnant with Zion.  In fact, I didn't even know I was pregnant last time we went.  I just felt like crud and was low on energy and then we found out we were going to have a little one the day after we got home.  It was fun to be back in a canyon, but I will admit it was really hard to be away from Zion all day.  I felt a little homesick without him and I don't think I will be up for another long canyon any time soon.













1 comment:

Joey said...

Wow, judging from you facial expression I'm thinking that water is COLD! I'm so glad that you finally have some TIME to enjoy you summer and your family. You have worked so hard you deserve many good times and lots of great memories...