8.01.2011

Zion's Birthday Party!

I'm FINALLY getting around to blogging about Zion's Birthday.  The past month has been absolutely CRAZY (which I will blog about next) but first, let's focus on the BIRTHDAY BOY!  I can't believe Zion has been in our lives for over a year now.  Although, it's hard to remember what life was like without him.  He makes everything so much better and so much more fun.  I love the stage he is in right now.  He is so curious and all over the place and an absolute blast.  Zion, I love you so much little buddy.  Thanks for letting me be your mommy.  His birthday was on Saturday July 9th so we had a big BBQ and played in the water at Nana & Papa Houtz's house.  We had a ton of family come and Zion was spoiled rotten with gifts.  I wish I would have been better at taking pictures of all the people that came and all of the gifts he got.  I decided to do a blue theme for the dessert table.  I made a ton of yummy treats... blueberry cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes, oreo balls, chocolate dipped oreos, chocolate dipped pretzels, blueberry limeade, and then had a bunch of other blue stuff.. blue squeeze-its, almond joys, dove chocolates, and taffy.  Needless to say, nobody went home without a ton of sugar rushing through their veins.
 
 
Zion loved opening all of his presents, but I think his soft rocking horse was his favorite
 
 
 Zion and his cousins had fun playing in the water
I think the best part of the night was watching Zion demolish his cake.  It was absolutely hilarious.  He just kept on going until it was completely crumbled!
After all that cake, it's a good thing Zion had some water to wash it down.  The party couldn't have gone better.  We started at 3pm and it ended up going 6 hours!  I couldn't believe it.  Everyone was having so much fun.  Thanks to all of our wonderful family that came and celebrated with us.  We love you all!

No comments: