4.08.2012

hair

I guess I better show my evolution of hair over the past couple months, because it's a pretty big deal for me. I have always been blonde. Always. I've put a few low lights in my hair here and there but never done anything drastic. Well, in January I was itching for a change. I have always wanted really dark hair but never dared to do it. I don't know what came over me but one day I just decided to go for it. I called and scheduled an appointment. I went from this...


To this...


Which I thought was a gorgeous color, but a little too red for me and I wanted it even darker. So I went back a week later and went to this...


Bingo! That was the color I wanted! I LOVED it! Aren't my sisters the cutest, by the way? Anyway, two weeks later my roots were already growing out and driving me crazy. My regrowth was so light I looked like I was going gray. I realized I was going to have to go get my hair colored every 3-4 weeks if I wanted to keep it looking good. Sadly I realized that gorgeous dark hair just wasn't going to work for me. So, I'm now in the process of lightening it back up. I've been trying everything to get some of the dark color to fade out, including washing it with dish soap, saturating it with conditioner and leaving it in over night, and using some nasty smelling product called ColorFix that is supposed to help pull permanent hair dye out. I've also had bleached highlights put in twice in the last month. My poor hair has seen better days. I'm having to put tons of CHI silk infusion oil in it everyday just to bring it back to life and help with the over processed dryness. It now looks like this...



And this is how it's going to stay unless I want to end up bald. I actually really love it this color. In fact, I think it might be my favorite. It's kind of the best of both worlds. Blonde and brown and the regrowth will be really easy to maintain because it's not a solid color.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Joey said...

I like this color too. I think you are beautiful with any hair color but I am used to seeing you as a blonde. I think that all of us need to make a change once in a while. It keeps things interesting! Hair is a good and safe way to make a change! :)