5.03.2012

tulip festival

The Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point is one of my very favorite spring time traditions.

Spring is my favorite time of year. The blossoms on the trees, the flowers starting to bloom, the baby animals taking their first awkward steps, the smell of rain in the morning, the sunshine pouring in my windows... I love everything about the spring. But what I love most is what it represents to me.

Hope.

After the dead, dark, lifeless, cold of winter, spring always comes and wraps us in a blanket of beauty. She brings everything back to life and suddenly I feel hopeful.

Hopeful that life is balanced.

That you have to taste the sour in order to enjoy the sweet.

That we experience darkness so we can rejoice in the light.

That even when it isn't easy it will be worth it.

And all of a sudden I feel a little better knowing I have hope on my side.























- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

What a sweet post; I hope you can have/do any and everything you're hoping for!