9.27.2012

crazy brother

Earlier this summer Zac's brother, Isaiah, went a little crazy.... Actually a lot crazy!




He ran the Squaw Peak 50 Mile Trail Run! 50 miles! Squaw Peak! It was amazing! I wish I could remember his exact time, but I want to say it took him right around 10.5 hours. I'm so impressed by his huge accomplishment. He has been training so hard for it the past few months. Do you want to know something mind blowing.... He has only been running for about 2 years. His very first 5K (3.2 miles) was the summer of 2010, and before that he had just ran a little bit here and there to stay in shape. From 3.2 mile races to 50 mile races in less than 2 years is so crazy awesome! I am just in awe of the dedication and commitment it took to achieve this goal. Like I said, AMAZING! Here he is about to cross the finish line


And here is another picture just after he finished. The look on his face says it all, relief to be done, huge feelings of satisfaction and accomplishment, gratitude for his able body and health... And so much more.


I think he was happy to see his little boy after such an exhausting day.


I love that so many people in the family were able to come and spend the afternoon hanging out at the park waiting for him to cross the finish line.


The kids all had a blast throwing the frisbee, playing on the playground, running wild and eating treats all afternoon.














Later that evening we all went back to Gary and Leesa's to have a family BBQ and congratulate Isaiah again. Isaiah's legs were beat so of course the little boys wanted him and Zac to jump on the tramp with them.





Very quickly the jumping turned to lounging, and it was fun to sit and watch two brother's and their little boys catch up. I wish they didn't live 6 hours apart.





It was such an incredible day and I'm grateful we got to be a part if it. Way to go Isaiah! Thanks for being such a great example to all of us!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Joey said...

He is such a stud! I would love to be in that kind of shape. I have a couple of other friends that run that race. I wonder why they keep doing it year after year...I would be happy just to do it once! Congratulations to Isaiah on such an awesome accomplishment. I miss that guy!