9.04.2012

newport beach & disneyland- part 2

We were able to spend a few days at Disneyland and California Adventure. We had a great time! I was kind of sad that Zion didn't get as excited about the rides as I thought he would, but now I realize he is still a little young and everything was so new to him and probably overwhelming. He never cried or got nervous- and let's be honest... some of the rides like It's a Small World and Roger Rabbit are rather creepy, but he never got overly excited about any of them either. We were all laughing because he would just stay blank faced with wide eyes wondering what in the world was going on. I guess it was a lot to take in for a little guy! Here are a TON of pictures from our trip. I realize how many there are but I don't scrapbook so this is where I put everything.




































Zion picked out this Mickey and would not put him down. He literally drug him around for most of the day. It was adorable.
















Of course seeing "Yiddy" was a huge deal. Zion was a little star struck.








We loved the California Adventure parade.
















And the Disney Junior Live on Stage show.




The bubble gun my mom bought Zion was a huge hit and kept him entertained for hours.












But, oddly enough, Zion's most favorite thing about the parks were all the letters. Have I mentioned he is OBSESSED with letters and numbers? Between rides he would run like crazy from one sign to the next, to the sewer covers to the trash cans... Anything that had letters on it, he was reading.








Mine and Zac's favorite thing was the World of Color show at California Adventure. We ate at the vineyard restaurant before hand to get the VIP seating, which I thought was way too expensive for Disney quality food, but it actually ended up being delicious and it was totally worth it to have a front row view. The show is AMAZING!








Our other favorite thing... Zion was soooo good when it came to napping in his stroller. We never had to go back to the hotel for naps. He would climb into his stroller, play with some of his new toys for a minute and then be out cold.




















I also enjoyed being able to go on some of the bigger rides with Zac while my mom and Heather watched Zion. They were kind of like mini dates.




We had such a fabulous and exhausting trip and I cannot wait to go again. I think it's just going to get more and more fun as Zion gets a little older... And maybe a little taller. I'm glad my family could come and enjoy it with us.




On another note, I love that Zion is always sitting like this. Kids and their flexibility.








-Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Joey said...

Looks like so much fun. Zion is a dream baby!! I had to laugh when you said "kids and their flexibility" since your nothing short of being a pretzel yourself...He must get that from you! I loved seeing all the pictures :)

Britt and Josh said...

such a fun trip i miss living there!!