9.27.2012

he's 2!

Can you believe it? My sweet little boy turned 2 on July 9th. Here he is all excited it's his birthday!


We had a fun little BBQ at our house with some of our family to celebrate. Zion is OBSESSED with Car's so naturally I had to put together a few decorations, and I loved every minute of it. Zac laughed when he came downstairs at 4 am to go to work and I was still wide awake and happy to be cutting out all of the little pendant cupcake toppers.














Zion's giant birthday cupcake


Great granny Houtz and great grandma Haney


Zion and my dad


Zion was so lucky to have the real Fillmore come and visit him on his birthday, thanks to our good friend John. He LOVED it!!











But he was not happy at all when it was time for John to take Fillmore home.


Thankfully John gave him a little Fillmore car that we opened as soon as we got back inside and he was a happy birthday boy again.


When it came time to open presents, the first thing he opened was the card that my Mom and Dad gave him. Here's the embarrassing part... Besides Car's, Zion also loves Dora, so he was thrilled that it was a Dora card that sang to him.


One of the gifts my parents gave him was a bunch of miniature figures. And the embarrassment gets worse... Check out the look on his face when he sees the little Dora. He has a huge crush on her!


He also got a mini magnet bored with all of the letter and number magnets that we had to take away from him so he would keep opening presents.


My parent's also got him Bubble Mater and he goes crazy with it!


We bought him a Car's potty chair, and he was so not interested. It's more for mom and dad, though, anyway. (please note that our tv is not usually covered in fingerprints and sitting on a toy box. I was refinishing the tv stand so it was out in the garage at the time.)


He loved his new car though so I guess that made up for the "crappy present".


He got a bunch of other stuff, but those were his favorites, well except for the potty chair. Hahaha! Blowing out candles was probably my favorite part of his little birthday party. We had to do it over and over again because he was just too dang cute!





Zion, thank you so much for blessing my life for the past 2 years. I never truly understood happiness or love until I held you in my arms for the first time. I am thankful every single day that I get to be your mommy. You inspire me and make me want to be a better person. I hope that we can always be best friends and that I can be a mom you are proud of and earn your respect as you age to an adult. I love you little buddy!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Joey said...

Two! I can't believe it. What a cute little guy he is! I love his new hair cut too but, it does make him look older. Why do they have to grow up so fast?