10.02.2012

abc obsession

I've mentioned it before, but Zion is obsessed with letters. It's kind of funny how he has naturally gravitated toward them. Everywhere we go he looks for letters. On billboards, store signs, license plates, t-shirts, people's house decorations... etc. His favorite things to play with at home all have letters on them. He loves books, his wooden blocks, fridge magnets and the foam letters he plays with in the bathtub, more than any of his other toys. Often times I find him sitting in his tub fully dressed playing with his letters.








He sings the ABC song at least 100 times a day, and will literally spend hours playing with his letters. He loves to organize them. He will match all of the "big" and "baby" letters together, and then he gets upset if one of them is missing. In the picture below he was mad because he couldn't find the "baby u".


When he's playing on our iPhones or iPad, he always chooses the games that are ABC related. When he gets on Netflix, he will sit and scroll thru the shows until he finds anything with letters. Lately he is loving Barney and the Leap Frog learning episodes. He is starting to learn the sounds that the letters make. He will hold up a letter t and say, "The letter T. tah, tah, tah, T!" And then he moves on to another letter doing the same thing. He can now identify several easy words like Zion, mom, dad, cat, dog, frog, cow, duck, etc. Yesterday he shocked me when I asked him where the cat was, and he went and picked out some letters on his blocks and magnets and did this...


All on his own. And then he said, "Mom, there it is. There's the cat!" I was amazed! I feel like reading/memorizing words is one thing, but spelling them out all on his own is entirely different. I was so proud. I am just in awe of this little man. I feel like every single day he does something new to amaze me, and I just love it. I love that I get to be home with him everyday, because he inspires me in so many ways. I am certain that he teaches me more about life than I could ever possibly teach him.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: