5.25.2010

5 years today!!

Today is a very special day!  It marks the 5 year anniversary of mine and Zac's first date.  Thank you so much Cass for setting us up!  Who-da-thunk that this is where we would be 5 years later.  Our first date, we both went into with no expectations.  Zac had been home from his mission for 7 months and was going to school up at the U.  He was convinced that he wouldn't get married for at least 5 more years, and was only interested in a little casual dating.  I had just broken up with a kid I had been dating on and off for almost 5 years and was on the rebound.  When I heard about Zac, he sounded like the perfect guy for the job...  returned missionary, in college, super hot, had a bullet bike... you know, the type of guy to make another guy jealous.  Little did I know, 5 weeks later I would be completely smitten, head over heals in love and engaged to him!  Our first date was on May 25th, 2005.  The day after I graduated from high school.  We went and saw the movie Kicking and Screaming and then went back to his parents house, built a fire and made s'mores.  We talked and talked for hours.  And sometime in the middle of the night, he finally took me home.  A simple hug at the door was all I got.  I was surprised he didn't try to kiss me on the first date, and it instantly made me like and respect him so much.  Enough that, like I said, 5 weeks later we were engaged to be married.  It was the best decision I have ever made, and I can honestly say that I love him more today than ever before.  More than I ever thought I could love somebody.  So thanks again Cass, for helping me find my best friend and the love of my life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are welcome!! haha But, don't worry I know that deep down I am really more of your best friend than Zac... haha j/k but really we are still Breast eating buddies! haha I love ya Kami!!

Casseron said...

Ahh man! Just in case you didn't realize that was me, Cassidy that posted that last comment. I didn't know that I saw signed in to Cam's email...

Brett and Lex said...

I remember that soooo well! Can you believe it's been 5 years since we graduated? I miss you girls! Let's do lunch or something before we go to Alaska! Aww...this is making me reminisce! Love ya! Yay for Z and Kami!