5.25.2010

Baby shower

Last Saturday my mom worked really hard and planned the perfect baby shower for me with all of my family.  Everything was so gorgeous!  She had a chocolate fountain with pretzels, cinnamon bears, marshmallows, rice crispy treats, cream puffs, angel food cake and strawberries, and a delicious fruit platter that looked to pretty to eat, along with croissant sandwiches and a yummy lemon drink.  All of the silver wear, napkins, cups and plates were placed perfectly on the table patterned blue, brown, blue, brown.  It honestly looked like she hired a professional to come and cater the event.  And then it happened..... 5 minutes into the shower the chocolate fountain exploded all over the table, floor, wall, food and everything else.  This is a picture of part of the mess as it was getting cleaned up.  My mom felt so bad, but honestly it was perfect.  Baby showers are to prepare the mom for having a baby, and I'm pretty sure that messes and explosions are a part of that.  ;)  As the chocolate hardened it actually looked really cool.  I'm pretty sure there are big time designers who have used splattered chocolate to garnish fancy tables, and gotten paid big money to do it.
Thanks to all of my family that came!  We got stocked up on lots of the baby necessities, which we really appreciate.  I meant to take a picture of the load when I got home, but I was to excited to get it organized and put away that I totally forgot.  It means so much to me and Zac and baby Zion to have family that loves and supports us, so THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!  Thanks again mom for throwing me the shower.  It was absolutely perfect!  And thank you Cyd and Heather and Dad for helping mom get everything ready!  I love you all!

No comments: