5.27.2011

6 Years Ago

Exactly 6 years ago, May 27th 2005, Zac took me to hike the "Y" for our second date.  It wasn't the best experience because I tried to be tough and failed to mention my asthma and that I was recovering from knee surgery, but he kissed me for the first time so it was worth it.  We've made it a tradition to repeat the hike every year, with the exception of last year because I was super pregnant.  Today was extra special because we were able to take Zion and it was his first hike.  We absolutely love hiking and are ready for summer to really get here so we can spend tons of time outdoors and hike every week!  I'm so thankful for our date six years ago, and the amazing life that has come from it!

2 comments:

Dani said...

Kami - I remember coming into the Junction w/ Erica right after you two were engaged & seeing your pretty ring! Can't believe it's been 6 years -- Congrats to you!

Joey said...

I have never done that hike...I guess I should. Zion looks very comfy in his little back pack. I think that he will enjoy his hikes very much this summer. We should do Maple Mountain again but, NO sliding down the glaciers...