6.24.2010

36 weeks!

This has been a great week!  Zion passed his non-stress test and had more than enough fluid when they did the ultrasound, so they didn't make us deliver early!  When the doctor checked me, my cervix had only changed slightly (closer to a 2 than 1.5) which means all of the precautions we've had to take have worked.  My belly grew a little bit... I'm still measuring 3 weeks small, but they just figure Zion is going to be a smaller baby.  Tomorrow I am 36 weeks so the doctor gave me permission to start being a little bit active again and to stop taking the medicine that slows my contractions.  He even gave me permission to go back to work Monday... until we reminded him that I'm a personal trainer, and then he quickly changed his mind.  Even though we've made it to our goal of 36 weeks, and we're out of the danger zone, he still thinks it's best to keep Zion cooking for a while.  He said if we make it to 37 weeks the odds of Zion having to spend anytime in the NICU are pretty much 0!  I can't tell you how relieved I am that this little guy has stayed put and that I don't have to stress about having a premature baby and a possible NICU bill without health insurance.  I told the doctor that my main concern, now, is that all of the preventative measures we've had to take are going to make it so my body won't go into labor on its own and that I'm going to end up being pregnant as long as an elephant.  He reassured me that I definitely won't be pregnant as long as an elephant and that if I haven't gone into labor yet, they will induce me 1 week before my due date.  Apparently the hospital is really picky about women being induced with a first pregnancy before their due date, and has a certain criteria as far as "ripeness" that has to be met, and I'm already so close to their requirements that he has no doubt I will be able to be induced a week early.  What a relief!  Now I feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel.  I can pretty much go into labor any time, and we don't really have to worry about Zion having any health problems, and if I don't go into labor, I only have to be pregnant for 3 more weeks max!  I am so grateful that everything has worked out so well, and I can't wait to meet our sweet little boy whenever he wants to come!  Here's my belly at 36 weeks.

4 comments:

Joey said...

Kami you are so darling! I am very glad that little Zion is being a good boy and waiting just a little bit longer to make his entrance into the world. I hope everything goes terrific for you. Keep me posted! Love ya!

Cari Duncan said...

Oh thank goodnes!! What good news. Good job on keeping him in there :)

Cambria said...

Oh goodness- sounds like fun! I don't miss being prego haha but I was measuring two weeks small (my water broke one week early) and Rozlyn was 7 pounds 7 ounces.... Huge! Or in my opinion- I thought she wouldn't be any bigger then 6 lb 5 oz so I was shocked, everyone kinda was.... So he could surprise you! These babies tend to do that (surprise us!) GOOD LUCK!

Amy said...

You look adorable pregnant :). Glad to hear everything is going well with Zion!