6.09.2010

34 weeks... getting a lot closer!

Today I went in for my 34 week appointment.  They decided to "check" me because I've been having contractions about every 5 mins or so, and they are becoming stronger and a little bit painful and I'm cramping a bit.  They wanted to know if they were just braxton hicks, or if they were actually doing something.  Turns out I'm already 50% effaced and dilated to 1.5 cm.  They did an ultrasound to check my fluid level and Zion, and both are looking excellent.  He is still measuring right on date... exactly 33 weeks and 5 days.  They want to keep a close eye on me, so I'm scheduled every week from here on out.  The doc said it's really hard to predict how early Zion will come, but they want to keep him cooking at least 2 more weeks.  If I go into full blown labor, though, they will let me have him.  He will just have to have some extra care in the NICU.  I'm hoping that he doesn't make his debut for at least 4 more weeks, but I think he might take after his dad and lack patience.  I have the weirdest mixed emotions right now.  On one hand I'm totally excited that we might get to meet our little buddy soon, but on the other hand I'm scared of all the health problems that come with premature babies.  I guess we will just have to wait and see.

3 comments:

Casseron said...

Good luck Hooter!! I will say a little prayer that Zion stays in the belly of yours for 3 more weeks!! I love ya!

Joey said...

34 weeks is good! 35 weeks is better...36 would be awesome! Just take it one day at a time. Thank goodness for great doctors and nurses that know just how to take care of those tiny ones! Zion will be just fine. Crazy that he will be here so soon. Can't wait to meet him!

P.S. June...SO much better than July! Seriously, the swollen feet from the heat. Being able to actually fit into a swim suit and go swimming when it gets so hot that a cool dip in a pool is the only thing that will make the hot afternoon bearable. Being able to sleep without the AC going full blast...

Anonymous said...

wow! that is crazy Kami! My little Teagan was only two weeks early and she was barely five pound. Will will pray that little Zion stays in there a little longer. It might help if you REST! your a crazy women!