6.13.2010

Update

My contractions have been getting worse.  They still aren't painful, annoying yes, but not really painful, but they are getting closer together and lasting a lot longer.  Yesterday we decided to take a trip to Labor & Delivery at UVRMC because my doctor's office was closed.  We don't have health insurance on the little guy... I have coverage, but he doesn't and won't until after he is 2 weeks old and is approved by my insurance company (the joy of being self employed).  So we are trying to be extra cautious and keep him out of the NICU.  They hooked my up to the monitors to check Zion's heart rate and my contractions and the doctor immediately ordered a shot of something that made me feel really funny, to stop the contractions.  They checked me and my dilation hadn't changed from Wednesday to Saturday, but I'm now 90% effaced.  They did a few routine tests, and everything is still looking perfect with me and Zion.  There is not one thing to indicate any type of a problem... my blood pressure is perfect, weight gain is exactly where it should be, ultrasounds have shown proper fluid and placenta development, all of my lab results have been good, no infections, no swelling, no water retention... nothing!  And Zion is measuring exactly where he should be, and in all 3 of the ultrasounds we've had, his organs have been developing right on schedule.  They have no idea why my body is progressing so early.  It's not totally rare, but it's early for a first pregnancy.  Zac and my dad have decided that we "just cook 'em fast", because my mom had all of us a month early, too.  They sent me home from the hospital with medication I'm supposed to take every 3-4 hours to help slow the contractions, along with a big list of things I'm not supposed to do.  The goal is still to make it to 36 weeks at least, and hopefully that will keep little Z out of the NICU.  We go back to the doctor on Wednesday, so I guess we will have an update then.

2 comments:

Joey said...

Wow! This little guy is in a hurry! Maybe you should stay down for the next couple of weeks and just make sure that little dude stays put! Yea right...I like the "cook 'em fast" theory!

The Duncan's 365 said...

kami our thoughts are with you! We are anxiously awaiting your next update! Good Luck!